Friday 22 March 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge Reveal





It’s nearly that time again for the April A to Z blogging challenge.  For those who don’t know what this is let me explain.  Every year in April thousands of bloggers sign up to the challenge of producing a blog post every day in April, working through the alphabet starting obviously at A.  Bloggers can do this in many ways, some use photography, some poetry, some a single word. 

Last year was my first year at attempting this feat.  I set up a Doctor Who blog specifically for the purpose, intending to carry on with it after, see here  to find out why my blog petered out.  I had prepared only five articles in advance, this was a major downfall.  I really should have prepared more, I spent the entire month looking like a feral cat, trying to juggle work, renovating, my kids social lives, and writing.  Writing doesn’t come easily to me, I make many edits no matter how small my article, I spend hours with a thesaurus trying to find new appropriate words.  I told myself that I would be more prepared for this year.....I’m not.  I’m going to try not to be as hard on myself, maybe do shorter articles and use some photography (I’m doing a photography course it seems a shame not to combine the two)  My blog will still be Doctor Who themed because apart from my kids there is nothing I will enjoy writing about more....and I’m sure you don’t want to hear too much about my kids (be warned they will make an appearance) Also my hope and wish is that people stopping by from A to Z Challenge from all over the world who haven’t watched or even heard of Doctor Who may have their interest piqued enough looking at my blog that they will go away and watch an episode of my favourite show. 

With the challenge it is also customary to read at least five of the other blogs participating daily. I found many interesting blogs last year and it was great way to see and learn about things I had little knowledge of prior. This also eats time, but in a most enjoyable way. 

To any interested you can still sign up to the challenge here A to Z Challenge Sign Up List and you will also find the list of all the bloggers participating, there are many themes so even if you don’t fancy the challenge yourself you may find a blog that interests you, that you would like to follow. All the bloggers participating put lots of work in and would appreciate comments of support. It’s nice to know what your reader thinks. 

Right then bloggers, good luck and I will see you on the other side...slightly bedraggled but with a wonderful sense of achievement.

3 comments:

  1. A great post about The Challenge, I am Yvonne, one of Arlee Bird's Ambassadors for the challenge.
    It is fun, have done each one and hope to meet you along the journey in April.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne, thanks for stopping by, I'm really looking forward to it, all of it, including the feral cat look!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to more of your posts sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

April A to Z Blogging Challenge